Japan Work Visa Process 2024 – A Guide

The Japan work visa is easier to get and takes less time to process. I’m going to explain how the Japan Work Visa Process works for people from outside of Japan in this post. To work in Japan, you need to have a job offer from a Japanese company. And there are a lot of jobs in Japan that will sponsor your visa in a lot of different fields. It’s very easy to find a job in Japan that will pay for your visa. There are links to the sources below.

Japan needs people from other countries to work there because most of its people are old. Japan wants to hire 500,000 foreign workers by the year 2025. The visa will be given out for 5 years at first. In Japan, people are very kind. They’re not lying at all. Not a slacker. An affordable country. This post will explain the different kinds of Japanese work visas, what you need to do to get one, and how to apply for one step by step.

About Japan Work Visa Process

  • Job Country: Japan
  • Visa Type: Work Visa
  • Who can Apply: Anyone from any country
  • Visa Sponsorship Jobs: Yes
  • Passport Ranking: 2nd Powerful, 190 Visa-Free Destinations

Popular Fields of Getting a Job

  • English teacher
  • Military personnel
  • Engineer
  • Service staff
  • IT Professional
  • Translator
  • Banker
  • School Teacher
  • English Speaking
  • Mechanics
  • Electrical

Types of Japanese Work Visas

There are two main types of Japanese work visas, which are further broken down into groups. Japan has the following types of work visas:

1) Highly Skilled Professional Visa:

  1. Highly skilled professional (i) (a)/(b)/(c): This visa lets professionals with a lot of skills stay in Japan for five years to do advanced academic study or advanced specialized or technical work.
  2. Special Highly Skilled Professional: For this visa, you need a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. You can apply for the Highly skilled visa if you have experience in your field.
  3. Highly skilled foreign professional: People with advanced skills and knowledge can also use this work visa to work in Japan.

2) Japan Working visa

There are a lot of foreign workers in Japan with this type of work visa. For this Visa, you don’t need to have worked before. You can stay for 1, 3, or 5 years with this visa.

Benefits of Japan Work Visa Process

  • Procurement of Employment Opportunities: Employment in Japan is legally possible for foreign nationals with a Japan work visa, granting them access to a wide variety of employment opportunities across industries.
  • A Cultural Exploration: Engaging in labor in Japan offers a singular cultural encounter, enabling one to fully embrace the country’s customs, traditions, and way of life.
  • Superior Quality of Life Standards: A desirable location to live and work, Japan is renowned for its efficient public services, high standard of living, and safety.
  • Profession Development: A career in Japan can improve an individual’s prospects for advancement by providing opportunities for networking, exposure to international work environments, and the acquisition of new skills.
  • Technological Progress: Japan is a center for technological research and development, offering employment opportunities in cutting-edge industries such as robotics, electronics, and automotive, among others.
  • Gaining Language Proficiency: Possessing the ability to acquire or enhance Japanese language skills through residence and employment in Japan can yield professional and personal benefits.
  • Social and Healthcare Benefits: By possessing a valid visa, employees frequently benefit from Japan’s social security and healthcare systems, thereby promoting a secure and healthy way of life.
  • Establishing a Global Network: Engaging in employment in Japan provides the opportunity to cultivate a global and domestic network of contacts and relationships, which can be extraordinarily beneficial to one’s future professional opportunities.
  • Possibility of Sustained Residency: Servicing as a pathway to permanent residency or citizenship in Japan, a work visa provides the opportunity to establish one’s life and work in the country.
  • Exchanges of Culture and Travel: Japan offers visitors the chance to investigate the nation’s abundant cultural legacy, visit a multitude of destinations, and become acquainted with distinct regions and customs.

Professions that are Eligible for Japan Working Visa

The Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has given this list. Job titles that can get you a Japanese working visa:

  • Professor
  • Artists
  • Religious activities
  • Journalist
  • Business Manager
  • Legal/Accounting services
  • Medical services
  • Researcher
  • Instructor
  • Engineer/Specialist in humanities/International services
  • Intra-company transferee
  • Nursing care
  • Entertainers
  • Skilled labor
  • Specified skilled worker
  • Technical intern training

Read Also: Immigrate To USA As a truck driver | Guide

How long you can stay in Japan?

It is possible to get a visa for 1, 3, or 5 years. You can keep using it.

Processing Time

You will get the response to Your Visa application within 5-6 working days.

Visa Cost

It costs about 3,000 Japanese Yen for a single entry visa. Visas for more than one entry into Japan cost about 6,000 yen. The fee is only due if the application is accepted.

Requirements for Japanese Work Visa

  • You must have a job offer from a Japanese company or employer
  • You must have a valid passport
  • You must fill out and submit the Visa application form
  • You must submit your photograph (not older than six months)
  • You must get a Certificate of Eligibility from the Japanese employer.

What is a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

In Japan, everyone who wants to work there needs to get a Certificate of Eligibility from the Immigration Services.

When you get a job offer from a Japanese company,. You will need to give the company your paperwork. The COE application will be taken care of by him on your behalf. He’ll get it for you.

Required Documents

  • Passport
  • One visa application form
  • One photograph
  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • Job offer Letter with all details.
  • Educational Documents (Submit it to your employer to get COE)

Visa Sponsorships Jobs in Japan for Foreign Applicants

There are a lot of Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Japan. You can get one from a boss, a recruitment agency, or the company itself.

Here are some of the most popular websites for getting work in Japan. As soon as you visit these sites. To get a visa, click on “Overseas Applicants” or “Visa Offered” or just type “Visa Sponsorship” into the search bar.

  • Career cross
  • Gaijinpot Jobs
  • Yolo Japan
  • Rikunabi
  • Midas
  • Daijob

Where to Submit Your Work Visa Application for Japan? – Steps Required to Apply for the Japanese Work Visa

Here are the steps you need to take to apply for a Japanese work visa.

  • Apply for the Job.
  • Get a Job offer.
  • Get a Certificate of Eligibility.
  • Book an appointment at the Japanese Visa.
  • Do check if you need a Visa to travel to Japan.

More Info


This complete guide makes the process of getting a work visa for Japan easier to understand. People from any country can understand the steps involved if they focus on the requirements for qualifying, the types of visas available, and the application process. Japan’s need for foreign workers, the wide range of jobs that can sponsor visas, and the friendly people who live there all make it an appealing place to find work abroad. You can start your successful journey to work and live in Japan by following the steps given and using the tools suggested.

  1. What are the requirements for a Japanese Work Visa?

    You need a job offer, a valid passport, a completed visa application form, a recent photograph, and a Certificate of Eligibility from a Japanese employer.

  2. What is a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

    It’s a document required by the Immigration Services in Japan, obtained through your employer, indicating your eligibility to work in Japan.


Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Asim, and I am a member of the administrative team. I hold an MSC in Generalist studies and have also completed a BS in Education. Currently, I reside in the United Kingdom where I dedicate my expertise to assisting individuals in their career development. Whether it's guiding newcomers in their career paths or helping them refine their existing skills, I strive to provide valuable support. Additionally, I offer assistance in finding easy job opportunities and scholarships to further aid individuals in their pursuit of success.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button